Tuesday 14 June 2011

Home ed: free stuff online.

I've just printed out this fantastic, free PDF  art study based on the popular Mike Venezia books on famous artists. I found the link on Elenas blog and I'm so glad I did. It's a treasure trove, look at all these printables!

The artists covered in this study are: Picasso, Van Gogh, Pollock, Monet, Matisse, O'keefe, Michaelangelo and Da Vinci. It looks great,  and just what I need as our art study has been drifting a bit of late.
I'm really looking forward to starting on it with Colmcille.

I am astounded at the quality of work that some blogging homeschooling mothers come up with. Not to mention the generosity with which they share their hard work with the rest of us less talented numpties.

Speaking of sharing resources, one of my favorite bloggers is Shell, of Thinking Love No Twaddle.
She hits all the bases: politics, catholicism, mothering, frugal household management and of course lots and lots of posts about how home education works for her.
In addition to all this she creates great worksheets which she shares online through this website
I have recently printed off her "Brief history of the priesthood".  It is VERY very good.
It isn't for small children. In fact, I have been reading it prior to giving it to Gabriel ( who is 13) and I have found it fascinating and informative.
I will use it for Colmcille, but I need to read it properly myself first so that I can modify it a bit for his level of understanding. It is PACKED with information.

Shell also happens to be living with  a debilitating illness to which she occasionally gives little more than a passing mention.
I don't know how she does it, she's a powerhouse.
To Shell, and Kalei and  this blogger whose name I don't know, and all the other blogging mothers out there who generously share their hard work with the rest of us: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changing The World: One Diaper At A Time.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has buil...