Friday 24 September 2010

How to save a life

I really need to fire up this blog again. I've got SO many things I want to post about I think I've got a kind of "bloggers block". I just don't know where to begin.

This great initiative is probably a good place to start


YOU can help save lives!
From September 22 - October 31, our community will be one of many cities joining together for the largest and longest coordinated pro-life mobilization in history -- the 40 Days for Life campaign.

40 Days for Life is a focused pro-life effort that consists of:


  • 40 days of prayer and fasting

  • 40 days of peaceful vigil

  • 40 days of community outreach
We are praying that, with God's help, this groundbreaking effort will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in our city -- and throughout the UK.
Take a stand for life
While all aspects of 40 Days for Life are crucial in our effort to end abortion, the most visible component is the peaceful prayer vigil outside the local abortion facility.
You can help make a life-saving impact by joining our local vigil at:
108 Whitfield Street, Marelybone, London, W1T 5EA. Nearest tube station: Warren Street.


BE BOLD!
Go over to the website and sign up for the vigil!
 



I was planning to go tomorrow, but all my plans are still a little up in the air, so I haven't signed up for Friday yet. But I've put myself down on the rota to be there on Sunday evening after mass. Why don't you  join me?

It can be a little daunting doing something like this for the first time. It's such a sad and painful matter and I know that sometimes well intentioned people stay away from it because they don't want to hurt people who are already hurting.
But this is a very quiet and loving vigil. And you'll be in good company, all the nicest people will be there! ( I met Rosamundi at a pre launch event in Farm Street)

 

I'm so pleased that this unique initiative is coming to my city. Big props to Robert Colquhoun of Love Undefiled, a dedicated champion of the gospel of life, who has been working his socks off to bring this to London.

Please pray for the success of this initiative, and for all those whose lives will be touched in the coming weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Abortion is a huge heart issue for me. I receive the 40 Days for Life emails so I'll be praying.

    <3

    p.s. Thank you for the sweet message you left on my blog. We're very happy to be celebrating this first, oh hopefully many, milestone anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being up north I can't join any vigils, but I will certainly pray for success of this initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your thoughtful comments everywhere, Clare:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to our 40 Days for Life here in Dallas this morning! I'm amazed that it has spread all the way to London. I think we have been doing it annually for about 5 or 6 years here. It is humbling to see who goes and stands on the line against evil. Last year I went only once and took some high school boys. They arrived to find a line of teenage girls there with one kindly elderly nun praying in front.

    I love your blog and think your family is darling. I have 4 sons and one daughter, so you've got me beat!

    Rachel, a Catholic Mom in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for this. In the north east there aren't really any abortion clinics as most here are done in NHS hospitals.

    ReplyDelete

Changing The World: One Diaper At A Time.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has buil...