Friday 21 May 2010

The Pope, our friend, his cake and the baby.

A friend of ours made this video promo for the upcoming visit of the Pope:




Good innit?
And here is the culprit the face behind the talent, in a cassock, with an armful of baby cuteness.
Meet Guy...
 And if it wasn't enough that such a peachily fresh faced youth could be so gosh darned smart on the iMac, here's the cake he made for his mothers birthday:

Hmmm. Pretty good.  He's young, but he's getting there. Give him time, Rome wasn't built in a day.

And this, just for contrast inspiration,  is the one I made for Honor's first birthday:

Stick with it Guy, one day you'll be decorating cakes to this intimidating standard.


...What?

6 comments:

  1. Oh Clare. You make me laugh so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL both cakes look yummy. The second one is a bit Henry Moore but with a cuppa who would notice? :)

    I did have some trepidation at the thought of the Holy Father coming to our, frankly God forsaken, country. But we need him and I know God will take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum6kids
    So glad you noticed my 'intentional' homage to Henry Moore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son did a lovely job! I'll have to look up who Henry Moore is (should I?) Your kids are so cute!

    Have a good week!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up! Every mother should have a son who can decorate a cake. I wonder which one of mine will step up to the plate (so to speak).

    I love the Guy and babe photo. There is something about big boys holding babies that makes a gal all mushy. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely... Have pinched vid for my fb page!

    ReplyDelete

Changing The World: One Diaper At A Time.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has buil...