Sunday 4 October 2009

It's hard to believe he's gone

My uncle Peter died on Friday 2nd October, the feast of the guardian angels.

He had been unwell, but the end came very suddenly. I had been communicating with him by text and he had been quite chatty in his responses. Suddenly he lapsed into unconsciousness on the Feast of Saint Therese to whom I had been praying a novena for Peter, which had ended only the day before.

Below is the death notice from the Meath Chronicle.

In 1969 he gave his whole life to God and was ordained a priest. He was truly a man of God.

May the Lord of mercy welcome his beautiful soul into his heavenly reward.

My father is over in Ireland now, in Peters house, where in the company of his brothers and sisters they will stay with the body until the funeral on Monday, at which my uncle Fr Seamus will preach the homily. I wish I could be there, but I can't travel at this stage in my pregnancy.

Please pray.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May Fr Peters soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.


Published: Friday, 2nd October, 2009 6:22pm

Death of Fr Peter Mulvany, PP of Moynalvey and Kiltale


Image related to story 391675, see caption or article text
The late Fr Peter Mulvany.

The death occurred on Friday morning, 2nd October, of Father Peter Mulvany, parish priest of Moynalvey, after a long illness.

Fr Mulvany was parish priest of Moynalvey and Kiltale since 2001.

Father Mulvany is reposing in the Parochial House, Moynalvey from Saturday 3rd October from 4pm to 10pm. Removal of remains from the Parochial House on Sunday at 6.30pm to the Church of the Nativitiy, Moynalvey arriving at 7pm.

The funeral Mass is at 12 noon on Monday with burial afterwards in Church grounds. The Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Michael Smith and the homily will be preached by Father Seamus Mulvany, parish priest of Glasson, Co Westmeath, brother of the deceased.

Bishop Smith has conveyed his deep sympathies to Father Seamus Mulvany, the members of the Mulvany family and the parishioners of Moynalvey and Kiltale.

Born in Wilkinstown, Father Peter Mulvany was educated at the local National School, St Finian's College and St Columban's, Dalgan Park. He was ordained on 22 December 1969 and served on the Korean mission until 1983. Father Mulvany was involved in mission education in Ireland until 1985 and parish work in Ballymun, Dublin until 1990. Following his appointment as curate in Navan in 1990, he was incardinated into the Diocese of Meath in February 1992 and became Administrator of St. Mary's, Navan in 1993. He was appointed Parish Priest of Moynalvey in August 2001.

6 comments:

  1. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your father's family. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family! Sorry you cannot attend his funeral. I know that must be hard on you. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, my deepest sympathy to you at this time.
    You're very much in my prayers.

    Also, I was very much moved by your pictures of the time around Olivia and Honour's birth. It was kind of you to share them. You are a walking miracle.

    love Paola xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Clare. I will pray for the repose of your uncle's soul and continue to pray for you.

    What a wonderful feast on which to enter into eternal life, though. And his month's mind will be on All Souls...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My condolences to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your uncle, I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Changing The World: One Diaper At A Time.

The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has buil...